Saturday, November 14, 2009

We're 1/2 way there

My kids got dose numero uno of the piggy vaccine today. I am proud to say that I didn’t wait in any lines, drive greater than 1 mile, or bribe anyone. Our pediatrician’s office sent out an email yesterday that they had received a limited quantity of vaccine and they would give out the vaccine starting at 7:30 AM this morning (a Saturday), first come first serve. They asked that if you arrived early to please line up in an orderly fashion and that police would be there to assist. For those of you who are reading this and don’t know me, I do not live in Africa or Central America, no war zone here. It’s just Central NJ!

I slept in until 8 AM, had breakfast, and at 8:45 got in my MINIVAN and drove over to check out the chaos. Well, there was no chaos. I went home and picked up my kids. We all marched in to the office in our PJ’s with bed head, and the kids snorted the vaccine. In and out in under 4 minutes. Seriously! Totally painless for all involved. Now I have to hope that the pig does not get my kids before the vaccine kicks in. And dose #2? Well I’m not going to hold my breath, but at least they will now have some immunity. I wont be any less diligent in my hand washing efforts, but maybe I’ll worry a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment